WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog!

Monday, November 22, 2010

TIME TO READ


12" snow on patio table!
 Well, it has been a week now since the snow started, and it has continued to fall. Snow is over a foot deep, and we have cold weather to go with it. As I write this it is -23C with a wind chill of -35C. Damn cold for sure.
Because of that, I am spending time getting cocooned and getting caught up on my reading. Some of my favourite authors are Michael Connelly, Sue Grafton, John Grisham, and Nelson DeMille. What are yours? I'd be interested to know.
Right now I am reading a small book by a Canadian writer about his growing up in Saskatchewan. For anyone who grew up on the prairies during the '20's and '30's, it is a great read. It will evoke a lot of memories of dust storms, no running water, farm work, no electricity. It isn't Jason Bourne, but instead a very nice read on some Canadian history as it relates to a child of the prairies. It is an easy read at only 149 pages, and I don't know if it is still available. It was written in 1980, by Robert Collins, and is called "Butter down the well". The isbn # is 0-88833-130-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment