WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WINDOWS 7

If you are a computer user, welcome to the new way I will be handling the old "Computer Corner" that I put in the Scuttlebutt every month. Since it is only computer users who are interested, I have chosen to no longer put the information in the 'Butt. This way it will only reach those interested and those with computers. I expect to have a new item each week so it will have more information more often, I will leave a link to the blog in the paper however. I hope you like the new format, and if you have any suggestions, or questions, please let me know.

Did you recently get a new computer with the new Windows 7? If you did you will have noticed there is no longer an Outlook Express available. Windows offers up their Windows Live Mail, or Hotmail. Or you can use the ISP (Shaw or Telus) web mail. There are a couple of other alternatives for your email. One is Gmail from Google. And another is Thunderbird from Mozilla. Google the name to find it. Thunderbird seem to work OK, I have used it for a while now and I kind of like it. It is a free email program, and only takes a bit of time to get used to it.

There is a bit of a problem using the Address Book in Thunderbird, but I have discovered a work around and I will discuss it in a future Blog.
Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment